VILLAGE OF WONDER LAKE RESIDENTIAL SERVICES
MDC Environmental Services is proud to serve the Village of Wonder Lake, located on the largest man-made lake in Illinois. Please see below for information and regulations regarding curbside trash pickup in the Village of Wonder Lake.
REFUSE, RECYCLING AND YARD WASTE SERVICES: The pickup day for your refuse, recyclable and yard waste materials will be on Fridays. Please have all refuse, recyclable and yard waste items at the curb by 6:00am on Fridays. The services offered by MDC Environmental Services are as follows:
LEVELS OF SERVICE:
1) 95 Gallon Cart Service: We will collect all household refuse contained in each 95 gallon cart.
2) Three Can Limited Service: We will collect household refuse contained in up to three (3) standard size refuse containers each week. These containers must be furnished by the homeowner and shall not exceed 32 gallons in capacity and shall not exceed 50 pounds in weight. Containers may be either rigid plastic or metal construction or bags.
3) One Can Limit Service: We will collect household refuse contained in one (1) standard size refuse container each week. This container must be furnished by the homeowner and shall not exceed 32 gallons in capacity and shall not exceed 50 pounds in weight. Container may be either rigid plastic or metal construction or a bag.
All service levels include recycling. Residents ages 65 and older are eligible for Senior Rates.
PLEASE CONTACT MDC FOR CURRENT SERVICE RATES.
Please contact our office 24 hours prior to your pickup to arrange for a special pickup for any refuse in excess of your service level per week. There is an extra charge for this service. If you require an estimate, service will be provided within one week after the estimate is given.
LANDSCAPE WASTE COLLECTION SERVICES
Landscape waste service is available mid-April through November. Landscape tags may be mail ordered through our office. Please contact our office for more information.
LANDSCAPE WASTE MUST BE CONTAINED AS FOLLOWS:
* Kraft (paper) type 32 gallon bags.
* Rigid cans not exceeding 50 pounds.
* Branches must be tied into bundles not exceeding four (4) ft. long and two (2) ft. in diameter.
* Each item must have a tag attached in order to be collected. Please make sure the tags are visible from the road.
Please leave yard waste at the curbside by 6:00am on Fridays.
Click Here for the Leaf Vacuuming Schedule.
CURBSIDE RECYCLING SERVICE INFORMATION
PREPARING RECYCLABLES: Make sure that recyclables are clean and all containers such as cans and bottles are empty. Contaminated recyclables cannot be recycled and will end up in landfill which defeats the purpose of recycling. You do not need to separate the recyclables into individual groups.
* Junk Mail
* Telephone Books
* Corrugated Cardboard (cut down into 18 in. squares)
* Glass bottles & jars
* Tin, Aluminum & Bi-Metal Cans
* Plastics Coded 1-7*
* We cannot accept plastic bags, Styrofoam, 6 pack rings, oil containers as well as some other items. If you have a question as to whether or not an item is recyclable, please contact our office.
There will be no collection on New Yearʼs Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day or whenever the disposal facility is closed. If your pick-up falls on or after these holidays, collection will be one (1) day later. If any of the above holidays fall on a weekend, your pickup day will be unaffected.
|QUESTIONS ? 815-568-7274|