VILLAGE OF MCCULLOM LAKE RESIDENTIAL SERVICES
MDC Environmental Services is proud to serve the Village of McCullom Lake, on the southeast shore of McCullom Lake. Please see below for information and regulations regarding curbside trash pickup in the Village of McCullom Lake.
Rates for Service:
Residential Senior: $16.70
Yardwaste Stickers: $2.20
REFUSE, RECYCLING AND YARD WASTE SERVICES: The pick up day is Wednesday. Please have all refuse and recyclable items at the curb by 6:00am on the day of pickup. The services offered by MDC Environmental Services are as follows:
LEVELS OF SERVICE:
1) Residential Curb Service: We will collect household refuse contained in standard size refuse containers curbside each week. These containers must be furnished by the homeowner and shall not exceed 32 gallons in capacity and shall not exceed 50 pounds in weight. Containers may be either rigid plastic or metal construction or bags. Please contact MDC for the current pricing for this service.
2) 95 Gallon Cart Service: We will provide a 95 gallon tote and collect all household refuse contained in the cart at the curb each week. Cost is an additional $2.00 per month. You may also set out additional cans or bags with the tote.
3) 35 Gallon Recycle Cart: We will provide a 35 gallon cart for recyclable materials only. Cost is an additional $2.00 per month. Each household will automatically receive an 18 gallon recycle bin free of charge.
You are allowed one (1) free bulk item per week. A bulk item is any item which is too large to fit into the 95 gallon tote or your garbage cans. Examples include, but are not limited to, sofas, chairs, tables, mattress, boxspring, small appliances. Any large appliances, especially ones that contain CFC and HCFC refrigerant gas, PCB containing capacitors, mercury switches or other hazardous components are not included and must be removed by a separate service. Please contact our office for referrals for such appliances.
Please contact our office 24 hours prior to your pickup to arrange for a special pickup for any refuse in excess of your service level per week. There is an extra charge for this service. If you require an estimate, service will be provided within one week after the estimate is given.
CURBSIDE RECYCLING SERVICE INFORMATION
PREPARING RECYCLABLES: Make sure that recyclables are clean and all containers such as cans and bottles are empty. You do not need to divide recycling into individual groups.
* Corrugated Cardboard (cut down into 18 in. squares)
* Telephone Books
* Junk Mail
* Plastics Coded 1-7*
* Glass bottles & Jars
* Tin, Aluminum & Bi-Metal Cans
* We cannot accept plastic bags, Styrofoam, 6 pack rings, oil containers as well as some other items. If you have a question as to whether or not an item is recyclable, please contact our office.
YARD WASTE COLLECTION – APRIL 1 THROUGH 1ST WEDNESDAY IN DECEMBER
Yard waste must be contained in paper bio-degradable bags. Each bag must have a yard waste sticker. Stickers may be purchased through the Village or our office. Yard waste materials are leaves, grass clippings, weeds, twigs, etc. We cannot accept dirt, sod or large branches. Please call our office with any questions about items that may be considered yard waste.
MDC Environmental Services will provide leaf vacuuming for the Village two times per year. Dates will be announced in September of each year. Leaves must be raked to the curb.
There will be no collection on New Yearʼs Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day or whenever the disposal facility is closed. If your pick-up falls on or after these holidays, collection will be one (1) day later. If any of the above holidays fall on a weekend, your pick-up day will be unaffected.